Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Orientation


Oh yes, finally the school get started. Has been wandering around for the past week. So it's good to get things started after all.

I'm nervous to the maxxxxxxxxxxxxxx the day before that I couldn't really sleep well. I woke up at 430 and 530 to check on the clock. Silly.. I know, but I'm just got nervous. Can't wait to meet a lot of new people, and hopefully someone doing the same course as mine.

So I manage to get up on 630, get shower and ready to go on the 8am. The orientation starts at 830. It's about 25mins walk from home to the college, so it's not so bad, except the roundabout. It is so many cars, and it is a nightmare crossing it! Also, I find my housemates are all walking so-the-super fast (or it's either I walking too slow, or I'm old T___T) So I was like always get behind. I blame it to the car - cos I so used to drive but not walk, and now my legs are like not functioning anymore! Yeah, must be the car!!! :P

So we got to church on time. We have worship before we started the orientation (of cos, that's a bible college, harlo~). Then the principle came and shared about sowing encouragement. There's a line, he says "The accents doesn't make you a foreigner here, your attitude might". I find it very encouraging, because I'm sort of having this problem, as in being a foreigner and english is only my second language. Can't be denied, I have great housemates, they are all friendly and kind. I really thank God for that. It's just that I find it hard to communicate sometimes. It's like we have no common topic to chat about. Maybe I'm just too shy especially meeting someone new (Oh yes, those who are laughing, I AM a quiet and shy person, OK!) and have no confident in communicate in english. But well, I'm telling myself that this is only the start and I believe I'll become braver and braver in following months. Let's really pray for that, shall we.

Then after his preaching, we have a little tea break. There we get to meet lotsa new peoples from all over the place. We got free college T-shirt and a sling bag, which are really cool. Then we have this very BIG muffin, even I can't finished it (ask you scared or not)! There's not much asian there though. Most of them are from America and Canada, HEAPS! I met one malaysia who doing children ministry, a Japanese who doing worship, 2 Korean who doing Pastoral.

The we back to the hall and start another section which talks about the rules and regulations. The rules are kinda good.. i mean.. yeah, good.. like no alcohol and no DATING during this 12 months you are in college; come as one piece go back in one piece (meaning no TATTOO or piercing), etc. They also shared about student attitudes of excellence and blah blah blah. It was exciting and yet tiring because have too much information. Anyway, the orientation ended at about 2pm.

Tomorrow will be the enrollment day for the new student at 9am. I think I'm better signing off here.. So peace yo!! ;P

3 comments:

  1. never show off your tshirt & sling bag...
    slowly.. & step by step la.. u'll get the hang of it.. being around americans & aussies. just be yourself that's wat ppl want...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:54 PM

    ya..about the walking journey.there's 2 comment.
    (a)a human's walking speed might caused by one's leg length.so u punya....erhm erhm *cough*

    (b)at UK or Aus, walking 30min would not be a prob, in here, u try 3 minutes, see u scare or not!!smokey make up a...skin cancer pun kena.
    HORRRR!!
    but i doubt about One Piece part.the pple ald wit tattoo how?
    then hw about dating outside the gate?ur dai soh kesian ler...

    ReplyDelete
  3. G,
    hehe...ok, i'll take some pictures of the t-shirt and bag soon..hehe
    Yea, i'm just being myself, which is a shy and quiet personality.. hahaha.. well, I believe i'll getting better on this :)

    KZ,
    I know my leegs are short, ok, thank u for ur kind reminder >.<
    Yea, it wasn't really a problem to walk here, only if there's no hills..no bad shoes..and no walking-fast-housemate..LOL
    Oh.. those who already got tattoo or piercing, that's just only u are not allow to get any extra one during u doing the college.. hehe..
    And I was actually thinking.. how if u ARE dating with someone at the moment..do they need to like.. break up? haha... no worries, dai soh is can go for u..u both look more compatible than I do.. so, congratulations! haha

    ReplyDelete